Please Click

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

To Break The News

I am officially a CONTEMPORARY music student.


I hope I'm making this announcing LOUD & CLEAR!!!! It had been a rough road to get to this day. Some may know I had a choose a different path before but I had never regret the decision I'd made back then. It's because of that decision what made me who I am today.

I'm totally new in this area. Although I had took up contemporary piano last semester in university as my minor, but there is so much more that I need to pick up. I'm now back to the starting point and start all over again. Its like I'm back to my first piano lesson, like a child who had never touched a piano, full of curiosity and marveled by the beauty that the piano generates. Wonders of music filled my word instantly.




I had my 1st contemporary piano MAJOR today. It's a 2 hours class, only for today. It's long. I know. Class stars with Simon going trough some policy of his class, it's cool to clear things up on the 1st lesson. Then he asked for 2 best song I have now to show him. He wants to know where I stands, so he didn't mention about preparing any piece in our previous schedule conversation. I was a little nervous while playing. Infect the whole lesson I was feeling a little nervous.


Why the heck NERVOUS?!


I have COMPLETELY no idea!!!!


CRAZY I guess....


And by the way, this semester is going to be crazy for me too. To prepare JURY in 8 weeks time (7 weeks to be precise). Need to decide on repertoire FAST!!!!! There are so may things to catch up. For the 1st lesson, we just covered the basic and that would be enough for me to keep me busy the whole week. phew....




WHO SAYS STUDYING MUSIC IS EASY!!!!!!

Learning is something that never ends and I am willing to learn all that I can. Starting from now.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear tat u pursue wat u intended to do. Actually speaking of it, be blessed tat ur classical piano lessons already build a good foundation in terms of ur technique. Continue on to strive even further then on working with contemporary styles =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I did not intended to do comtemporary until last sem. lol

    ReplyDelete